Collected from the public library as well as my personal one, this is the current assortment. Each asks for my attention. Each wants to be the number one choice.
- The Outsourced Self: Intimate Life in Market Times by Arlie Russell Hochschild
- Stepmonster: A New Look at Why Real Stepmothers Think, Feel, and Act the Way We Do by Wednesday Martin
- 77 Creative Ways Kids can Serve by Sondra Clark
- Murdering Mr. Monti: A Merry Little Tale of Sex and Violence by Judith Viorst (yeah, I didn’t know she wrote murder mysteries either)
- Galileo’s Daughter: A Historical Memoir of Science, Faith, and Love by Dava Sobel (already started 3 times)
- And of course, my very own spiral-bound journal
What is a girl to read? With so few hours — make that minutes — to spare for this most delicious of hobbies, how do I choose?
To whom should I commit?
I suspect this question may hint at a decision more pressing than which book to open first.